While holiday season is the most common time to do a mass mailing, you may also need to do this at other times. Whatever software you are using, there is generally a way to create address labels so that you don’t need to re-key data. In this series of blog posts we show how to create address labels using the different programs with which we work.
1) From the People list select those for whom you will be creating labels. You can do this by marking them – click on the Marked box – or by highlighting them by clicking on the name. You can select a Range by clicking on the first name in the list, holding down the SHIFT key and clicking on the last name you want included. Additional names can be selected by holding down the CTRL key while clicking on the name.
2) Once you have selected or marked the appropriate names, Click on Actions on the top menu and then choose Generate A Document or CTRL-D.
5) Click the type of Labels you wish to print and the Word Processor you will be using – Word or Word Perfect.
6) When you click OK, Word will open with your labels setup and ready to print. The Amicus – Save Options window will also open to allow you to Save the Document and Add to Amicus if you choose.
7) You can now use the features of Word to preview and print your labels. You can also edit the font or make other changes that you desire. If the changes are ones that you will want to be in effect for the future you will need to modify the Amicus Document Template. If you need help in doing that please call us.
Previewing of labels, prior to printing is highly recommended to verify that the fields chosen show as you expect. It is also recommended that you print one sheet to paper and hold it over your labels to make sure everything lines up correctly before you start.
If you need help in creating labels or setting your search criteria, please call us at 203-254-7736.