How long does it take you to find a document or an important email?
What is important to your firm when it comes to documents and emails?
- Sharing securely internally?
- Sharing securely externally?
- Finding them?
- Accessing remotely?
In the past few months there have been some high profile ransomware cases. While many of the firms were able to get back up and running the cost in downtime and accessibility were high. While always important, security has recently gained even more focus. Whether it’s making sure you are protected from ransomware, information being hijacked and released or accidental sharing of information with the wrong party, we need to do everything we can to make sure only the right people have access AND they have access when and where needed.
Right now we also have more people needing to work from home. Calendars and contacts can be synchronized with Outlook to be available, but can you access the documents? What about emails received by other people that you might need to reference? You can setup Remote desktop or other remote tools but what about security and speed of access?
Many firms have moved to cloud based practice management solutions. While these may have email and document management built in, often these internal solutions have limitations. They may not be able to handle large documents or they may not be able to securely share documents with those outside the firm. For emails they might require emails to be forwarded to be saved and they usually have no way to tell if an email was already saved by another colleague on the same thread.
What many of these solutions have in common is integration with NetDocuments. Why? NetDocuments addresses many of the concerns previously mentioned, whether used stand-alone or integrated with practice management solutions.
- Security – NetDocuments offers the highest level of security. It is documented on their website and in information available to anyone that is interested. Not only are documents secure but NetDocuments offers secure ways to share documents with your clients.
- Email management – Save an email and anyone else in the firm will know it was already saved, eliminating confusing duplicates. And it’s easy to save emails.
- Performance and Ease of use – We all know that if it’s inconvenient to use people will work around the solution. With NetDocuments this is rarely an issue. Once someone is setup and trained, NetDocuments is no more difficult to use than saving a document to your personal hard drive with share-ability and security. Since people work in different ways, NetDocuments has options to all ow working the way you choose. For example, if you want to save emails in Outlook folders by matter, you don’t have to save the individual email to NetDocuments, just set the folder up and NetDocuments will take care of all documents inside.
Are you interested in finding out more about how NetDocuments can help your firm? Can NetDocuments enhance your Practice Management solution? Contact Us for a no charge personal consultation.