QuickBooks 2013 is now shippping. Should you upgrade? We believe in keeping current, which is generally defined as the current version or two back. If you are running QuickBooks 2011 0r QuickBooks 2012, take a look at what’s new and then decide. If you are running QuickBooks 2010 or older, it’s probabably time.
Changes to all versions of QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Enterprise)
- A whole new look
- Each transaction form has its own icon ribbon. Designed to make it easier to navigate to related functions.
- Open Window list replaced by My Shortcuts panel.
- Improved Customer and Vendor Centers – Sales tax and payment settings, related Contacts
- New Transaction Ribbon Bar
- New time and expense billable preferences, make it easier to control billable expenses.
- Print Bills – a capability missing from prior versions.
- More control over online payment methods.
- Expanded Item-based reports. Print Item, Name and Description on new reports.
New features in QuickBooks Premier 2013 and Enterprise 13.0
- Send Journal Entries
- Email journal entries from one QuickBooks company to another. No restrictions.
- Reduces the need to send an accountants copy to your bookkeeper or tax preparer.
- Batch entry of Transactions
- Type in multiple transactions. Data entry more quickly than tranditonal register entry.
- Cut and paste from Excel spreadsheets.
- Much improved Write-off of invoices.
- Create Credit Memos for bad debt or discounts
- Adjusts sales tax liability correctly
- Increased limits for lists.
- Capacity expanded from 10,000 to 100,000 for most lists.
- Up to 50 items in a Group (previously 20).
- Improved Inventory Management.
- Better management of re-order points
- Auto-create Purchase Orders when below re-order points.
- Default Classes for Items, Names and Accounts.
- New Bin Tracking.
- In addition to warehouse location.
- Can transfer bin to bin.
- Bin is now available on Sales Orders.
- New Bar Code Scanning
- Bar code image can be associated with any Item.
- Use UPC or generate your own bar codes.
- Scanner does not behave like a keyboard! It’s intuitive. Automatically adds line items to form.
- Create new Purchase Orders with scans of bar code images.
- Create Item Receipts with scans at the loading dock.
If you would like to discuss whether QuixkBooks 2013 is right for you or see a demo, please call Caren at 203-254-7736.
Note: Our thanks to Pete Bornstein, BizPro Consulting Services for providing and organizing the information above.