For some September means the end of summer and back to school. For accountants, bookkeepers and QuickBooks desktop users it means it’s time for a new version to be announced. This year Intuit has added new features that can benefit all users of QuickBooks. There are detailed articles on the new features written by my colleagues William Murphy at Insightful Accountant and Charlie Russell with Accountex Report. I have provided links to their articles for those that want more detail but here’s some highlights of what’s new.
- Multiple monitor support for up to three monitors. Move full windows of QuickBooks to another monitor to see and work with more information at once.
- Chart of accounts search. Find accounts in the chart of accounts based on any part of the name.
- Cash/Accrual toggle on reports making it easier to switch modes.
- Past due stamp on invoices.
- Keyboard shortcuts for copying and pasting lines in transactions.
- Inventory report enhancements.
- Merge multiple vendors – QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant only.
- Secure web mail – you will no longer have to enter your password everytime you want to send an email.
- You must have Internet Explorer 11 for use of many features of QuickBooks. Older versions are no longer supported.
- Remain logged in so you don’t have to login every time you open or switch companies. While this is a great convenience, it does reduce the security of your data so think carefully before turning this on.
If you have questions about the new features or would like to discuss upgrading your QuickBooks contact us, we are here to help