While QuickBooks Online gets updated regularly throughout the year, the desktop version has new features added once a year with the annual September release. In keeping with this, QuickBooks 2019 has now been released with new features in Pro, Premier, Accountant and Enterprise versions. There even a new version of QuickBooks Mac, much to the surprise of many. The new features include:
- Customer Invoice History Tracker
- Transfer Credits Between Customer:Jobs
- Improved Prompt to Create Bill Payment In-lieu-of Write Check
- Improved Handling of Inactive Inventory Items in Inventory Valuation
- and more
Rather than go into detail on the new features, I point you to articles by my favorite QuickBooks gurus who have done a great job of providing the information you need.
- William Murphy at Insightful Accountant: QuickBooks 2o19 Desktop – Our Summary. Note that Insightful Accountant also has related articles exploring each features in more depth.
- Charlie Russell at Practical QuickBooks: Introducing QuickBooks 2019 Desktop
- Laura Madeira at Firm of the Future: QuickBooks Desktop 2019: What’s New and Improved
Remember, if you are linking QuickBooks to another application, it is important to make sure the new version of QuickBooks is supported.
If you have any questions, or want to know if QuickBooks 2019 is right for you, please contact me.