April 29th is the start of Small Business Week and I would like to especially celebrate all my small business clients.
As a small business owner you work extra hard because you were so many hats. A survey commissioned by TSheets by QuickBooks found that small business owners make many sacrifices.
- 50+ hour weeks are the norm for 1 in 2 small business owners
- 18% work every weekend
- 43% put their own money into the business
- 1 in 3 miss family or social occasions at least once a month
- 62% say work keeps them up at night at least once a month
- Sick days and vacations are very rare for many small business owners
- Over 50% of small business owners wake by 6 AM, and almost 74% by 7 AM
- Over 52% say they could earn more working elsewhere
Small business’ are the foundation of our country so, if you are a small business owner – hat’s off to you. If you are not a small business owner, please help support the small businesses in your community, the week of April 29th and every week of the year.