Do you have TSTimer running on your workstation? Have you tried to stop it from starting up and found that it won’t go away? If you would like to make sure it doesn’t start in the future, and prevent TSTimer from being installed if you reinstall Timeslips on a workstation, try the following steps:
1. If TSTimer is shown in the bottom right of the windows screen right click on it and go to the preferences. Change the preference to not start automatically.
2. Next right click again on TSTimer and exit
3. Go to task manager and make sure TSTimer is not running. If it is, end process on it
4. Go to start – run – msconfig and make sure TSTimer is not listed to start automatically. If it is, uncheck it.
5. Find TSTimer.exe on the workstation and rename it to xtstimer.exe
6. Find TSTimer.exe on the server and rename it to xtstimer.exe
This will eliminate the problem going forward. If TSTimer is not in the bottom of the windows screen you just skip steps 1 and 2.